MCRW and YMCA Member FAQ
1. Q: What do I need to do with regard to my membership?
A: It’s easy! If you are a Miller Center member, simply stop in to our Front or Fitness Desk to complete the necessary form to switch your membership over to a YMCA membership. You should have received an “Authorize to Transfer Membership” in the mail. If you are a current YMCA member, no action is needed. Your YMCA membership will be transferred to the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center.
2. Q: Will you still take Silver Sneakers?
A: Yes! Starting December 16, 2019, stop in to the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center to fill out a new membership information form. If you are a current YMCA member, no action is needed. Your YMCA membership will be transferred to the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center.
3. Q: What are your hours of operation?
A: Beginning Monday, December 16, hours of operation will be as follows: Monday through Friday: 5am to 9pm; Saturday 7am to 5pm; Sunday 8am to 5pm.
4. Q: I am a current Sports & Rec member. What options will be available to me?
A: The new youth membership rates will be as follows:
Youth (13 & younger) - $10/month
Young Adult (14 to 18) - $13/month
College - $25/month.
5. Q: When will current GSV YMCA members be able to use The Miller Center?
A: Current members of any branch of the GSV YMCA will be allowed to use the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center beginning December 16, 2019.
6. Q: When will current Miller Center members get to use GSV YMCA locations? Can they access all of them?
A: After submitting your Authorization to Transfer Membership, current Miller Center members will become YMCA members on December 16, 2019. At that time, you will be permitted to use GSV YMCA locations in Sunbury, Milton, Mifflinburg and of course here in Lewisburg.
7. Q: Will Drop-In childcare hours, rates and services change?
A: Drop In childcare hours and services as you know them will not change, and beginning December 16, service will be free for members.
8. Q: Is Kathy Fedorjaka’s Next Level Strong basketball still going to be offered?
A: Yes. Programs like basketball, lacrosse, volleyball, futsal and others will continue to be offered at the Lewisburg YMCA at the Miller Center. The same applies to youth and kids’ programs like Little Stars, Big Stars and Kids in Action.
9. Q: Will my favorite group fitness class be offered after the transition? When can I see a Group Fitness schedule?
A: We are working to keep all the Group Fitness classes that you are used to attending and adding new ones as well. The Group Fitness schedule for December 1-15 will be available this Monday, November 25, and the schedule for the remainder of the month will be released the following Monday, December 2.
10. Q: I heard you are changing computer systems at the Miller Center. Will I have to pay the admin fee again?
A: No. Current members or those that have participated in programs in the past will not have to pay another admin or joiner’s fee if your membership is transferred by December 31, 2019.
11. Q: Will my Cornerstone Kitchen gift cards still be honored after December 15, 2019?
12. Q: What are the future development plans for the facility?
A: Fundraising is underway for two pools, a childcare center and additional parking. As progress develops, updates will be shared.
13. Will S&R programming rates stay the same?
A: Sports and Rec programs and rates will be comparable to what you have become accustomed to. Our primary objective is to provide fun and healthy activities that are affordable to everyone that wishes to participate.
14. Will scholarships be available through the YMCA?
A: Yes. A financial assistance application may be obtained at gsvymca.org/financial-